A fan wrote in yesterday asking what e-commerce site we use. For the time being, we are using Mal’s E commerce.
It’s cheap; $8.00 per month for their premium cart and free for their regular cart. It has all the functions we need at the moment for our very simple HTML site. There is another shopping cart platform we have been looking at called Magento. We hope to utilize this cart when we redesign our website.
Magento is truly the most amazing open source e-commerce platform that offers complete flexibility and growth to anyone seeking enterprise level solutions. They have CMS (content management system), marketing tools that can grow with your business, SEO (search engine optimization), international support to multiple currencies and languages, robust check out and shipping options and the list just goes on and on.
If you are planning to redesign your website/ shopping carts, we would SERIOUSLY recommend Magento. They also have a large network of programmers, web designers, hosting companies supporting this amazing shopping cart platform. And the best thing is Magento is free!!
No one in Magento is paying us to say this. We discovered Magento from a friend of ours, Tee from Lotus Seeds whom we met at the National Stationery Show last year. Tee is also a fabulous web designer. See her web design services at Lotus From The Mud.
- RT @Sophia_Amoruso: Life's too short to be an asshole, as an employer or as an employee. -Louis C.K.
- "Find Meaning in Everything" : 10 Steps Towards A Better, More Productive you in 2015 http://t.co/tBHAfDku6p via @FastCompany
- Holidays at MLD this year is all about craft. Thanks to Mel's 3-year old, everyone has custom hand-made gift tags! http://t.co/ZxNltgpMKZ
- Sage Advice: 4 CEO Quotes Worth Reflecting Upon http://t.co/RDz9H70WtD via @Inc #foodforthought #inspiration
- A Designer Imagines How To Harvest Energy From Everything That Moves http://t.co/kVdtlvBLox via @FastCoExist #creative #innovation